Monday, February 27, 2006

Update

Things have actually been pretty busy. Well, I have at least been out of my site quite a bit. I have actually been out of my site as much as I was in last month. OOpps. Last week I was in San Jose working on the Cadena, the volunteer newsletter. I think it turned out pretty well but it was a little FUBAR'd organizationally and I had to take down another volunteer. Luckily she is leaving country within the next month so I won't have to deal with her again. It was a good reminder that incompetance and self-centrism is a human characteristic and not a cultural one.

Last weekend we had our VAC meeting and the volunteers for our region got together and went camping on the beach. It was beautiful!!! We had to hike to the beach and it was pretty secluded except for a few fishermen. I should have some pictures within the month to share.

Now, I am thinking that after five months in my site, it might be time to get some projects rolling. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelley, I know you'll get a fabulous project up and running! Am I right that you already have some ideas swirling around in your head and are just about ready to pounce?

It's great that you're working on the newsletter. Can you share it with the rest of us? We'd love to read about the volunteers' experiences and their projects...

Love,
Mom
xoxo

joya said...

KELLEY!!!! Heidi and Joya are here in Tres Rios at the incountry orientation mountian camp!
Thank you so much for your help in answering questions and making me feel a lot better in those few weeks before departure. i was much appreiated.
We got to preview the newsletter and i cant wait to meet you at some point soon!
Hasta muy pronto, Joya