Monday, August 14, 2006

A few thoughts on sustainability....

I decided first thing this week to start focusing more on sustainable projects. "Sustainable," in this case, meaning "finding someone to do my work for me." So I went to the University and am trying to get hooked up with the financial aid department. Here, all students that receive financial aid have to complete community service hours, which I think is a great idea. So I am hoping to get someone or a couple of someones to help me with some projects. "Help," in this case, meaning "do it for me." So far it looks promising. Luckily I have a contact there that is a Philosophy professor. He also asked that I come back and give some charlas to his classes about my work and the Peace Corps.

I had meant to spend most of this month in my site, but will be headed to San Jose this weekend to attend a project fair with the new group. Other than that things are rolling along just like normal... me trying to get out of work. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Atta Girl! Work is for wussies!