Tuesday, January 23, 2007

As long as we are keepin' it real...

I debated about whether or not I should post this blog as it will probably get some hearts started, but to stay true to my honesty policy I guess I had better fess up. I was catching the 4am bus to San Jose Monday morning to do trainings for another Tico group and I was mugged by two guys with a machete crossing the runway between my barrio and the main road where I catch the bus. Not something I am anxious to repeat, but all ended well. They got my wallet but I got to keep my camera and my laptop. Lost my Peace Corps ID and my Colorado Driver's license but nothing irreplaceable just inconvenient. Today I am going to go the the bank and see how many days it will take me to get a new bank card. Anyhoo... life goes on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You say this as if this was just another day? Am I to assume that we treat it this way......

Anonymous said...

I'm glad nothing worse happened!!! I'm glad you're okay and sorry that you had to experience that... On the bright side, when your back in school and the prof asks for you to share something "unique," I bet no one will have a story like yours! :P