Friday, June 17, 2005

The big envelope

I recieved my staging materials today. I will call tomorrow to book my flight. I will spend two nights in Washington, DC for a quick "orientation" type thing prior to heading to Costa Rica. I had thought I would be staging in Miami but apparently not. The whole thing was a little anti-climatic. I thought I would get contact info for other volunteers but there was none that I could see. I am a little worried about my luggage situation: I get 80 lbs checked, no one bag can weigh more than 50 lbs. That doesn't seem like much for 2 years. I figure at least half of that will be shoes and tampons. I also have to worry about being able to carry it all between airport, hotel and site. Ah, legistics! This part isn't so romantic. Three weeks! Going through a lot of "lasts."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just hang in there! Uncertainty is the nature of the beast when one embarks on adventure. The good news is that one is challenged to think on your feet, adjust to change and learn to wait; the bad news is that one is challenged to think on your feet, adjust.... etc .....