Wednesday, November 08, 2006

¡Que Barbaridad!

Apparently I wasn't the only one that lost my right to vote this year. Although I do have to say that the reasoning behind mine was much more legitimate, assuming of course that there was reasoning. A nice reminder that, although we put ourselves as the world leaders of democracy, we still got some kinks to work out.

Anyhoo... since I didn't get to vote, I am going to scold: I am also sorely disapointed in the results, specifically that Musgrave and Tancredo were re-elected and that Amendment 46 passed and Referendum 1 didn't. Unfortunately, intolerance and discrimination continue to reign....

Overall... shameful and humbling results on many levels.

Nationally though, the picture is much better. So I just may make it back to US soil... Maybe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you lose your right to vote?

xoxo
Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm always trying to catch up ... I didn't see your original "get out and vote" blog... Unfortunately, living overseas has its complications and logistical challenges, as you are experiencing. We hope you will come back because you can make as big a difference here as there. Besides that, we miss you and love you!

I loved the black eyed P's!

Loves and hugs,
Mom
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I hear ya girl... it sucks not being able to vote!!! ggrr.... Musgrave... completely erked about that... I just don't understand how in the world she got re-elected.... but in the end the whole picture does look better... so hopefully the majority will have more say to shut down that minority!!! en este caso que no me importa la minoria!!!